Each time I initiate a new series of blog entries, I explore what has taken place in the world of rapid change that rumbles through the Internet on an almost hourly basis. I look for new, more convenient ways to accomplish tasks connected with writing posts, inserting images and uploading the results to BLOGGER.
This time around I have decided to integrate HAIKU DECK image slideshows into various posts along with the collages initially enhanced using SNAPSEED and then generated in the COLLAGE app. All this will be made all the easier (I hope) when funneled through BLOGSY, my latest find, which simplifies the production of individual posts directly on the iPad.
Here's my latest HAIKU DECK slideshow, one celebrating our fiftieth wedding anniversary:
Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires
Fortunately Heidi and I were married three times - March 19, 1965 in a Thai ceremony taking place in Ban Don, Surat Thani, where both of us, Peace Corps Volunteers, were teaching English as a Foreign Language; then on March 24, 1965, at the American Embassy in Bangkok (leading to the formal granting of marriage licenses in both Thai and English); and, finally, on April 2, 1965, in an Anglican ceremony at Christ Church, Bangkok, led by the Rev. John Ironsides.
Actually, we are spreading the celebrations out considerably. This month our children and their families treated us to a Wednesday evening game at the Q downtown Cleveland to experience the Cavs "live". Doug and Judy Stewart (Daughter-in-Law Sarah's parents) treated us on Thursday to lunch at Elements on the Cleveland State University campus prior to a Retired Faculty Association program that afternoon. And later that same day we two celebrated with dinner at Johnny's Bar, a long-established "fine dining" establishment on the city's Near West Side. We also attended a Cleveland Orchestra concert last weekend, a showing of a Canadian film, "Preggoland", with Jane and Don Underwood on Friday, an organ recital Saturday afternoon by David van Beren and are "hosting" a Cleveland Guitar Society concert, also at Plymouth Church, this evening. Then coming up in August is a family gathering on Hilton Head Island.
I guess we're marking the occasion suitably enough, don't you think?

No comments:
Post a Comment